End Users Transferring Service to or from ACD to or from Agents or Wholesaler Providers
Possible relationship scenarios that exist when dealing with end-users, agents and wholesalers.
End-user Customer > Wholesaler > ACD
- ACD does not have a direct agreement with the customer.
End-user Customer > Agent > ACD
- ACD does have a direct agreement with the customer.
End-user Customer > Wholesaler > Non-ACD service provider
- ACD does have an agreement with the Wholesaler, but the particular end-user customer obtains service from the same Agent's other service provider, i.e. Comcast or AT&T.
End-user Customer > Agent > Non-ACD service provider
- ACD does have relationship with the Agent, but the particular end-user customer obtains service from the same Agent's other service provider, i.e. Comcast or AT&T.
Active Solicitation of Existing ACD end-user Customers
Active solicitation of existing ACD customers is prohibited by ACD Agents or Wholesalers.
- Contacting a customer to switch service to switch to the Agent or Wholesaler's provided service, when it is known or when it is discovered through the sales process with the customer, is considered active solicitation.
- Targeting specific customers or specific groups of customer that are known to have service with ACD, is considered active solicitation.
- Marketing that targets (if you are with ACD, we can get you a better price), is considered active solicitation.
Passive Solicitation is generally not considered prohibited, since it is not targeting specific customers, and is performed in the ordinary course of business.
- TV, Radio, or other mass media ads is generally considered passive solicitation.
- Phone call campaigns that do not target a specific customer.
- Cold Call activities performed by a company's sales persons attempting to get general business, where it is not revealed by the end-user customer that they have existing ACD service.
- Cold Call activities performed by a company's sales person attempting to get general business, where it is revealed that they have the Agent or Wholesaler Services that are not provided by ACD.
Application of Policy
- This policy shall apply only to agents or wholesale customers whom are in good standing with ACD. Good standing means that the fees are not in arrears (over 60 days) and have an active agent or wholesale agreement that is not in violation with ACD.
- If the agent or wholesaler is not in good standing, then this policy does not apply.