Assigned Sales Person or agent and Reservation of Customer Accounts and Leads
Cold Call Policies related to Sales
There are two types of agents:
- Salesperson Agents that have been signed up by a sales person.
- If a salesperson does not have active documented contact in CMS with the agent for a period of 12 months they will automatically be assigned to the sales provisioning pool.
- If an agent has not had any sales within the last 12 months they will automatically be assigned to the sales provisioning pool.
- Sales Provisioning Pool Agents are agents that have not been signed up by a sales person and are managed and operated by the sales provisioning pool, or agents that have been moved to the sales provisioning pool.
RESERVATION POLICY FOR AUTOMATIC CUSTOMER RESERVATION BASED UPON SALES EFFORT
- A person that has made a stage 1 cold call to a potential customer puts an automatic reservation on the customer for 45 days.
- A person that has made a stage 2 cold call to a potential customer puts an automatic reservation on the customer for 90 days.
- A person that has made a stage 3 cold call to a potential customer puts an automatic reservation on the customer for 180 days.
RESERVATION POLICY FOR CUSTOMER INITIATED INBOUND COMMUNICATION
- If a potential customer initiates incoming contact to ACD, via phone, email or other incoming contact to ACD, the call will be guaranteed to be routed to the sales person that made the last made a valid cold call if within the reservation period.
- If outside reservation period, if the customer calls in and does not know whom they spoke to, or does not indicate the salesperson contact, or preference to speak to a particular salesperson then the call will be routed to either the sales lead pool or to a house account order taker.
- As an indication of the actual verifiable contact the sales person should at least obtain the persons name, phone number and/or email address of the person they have communicated with on the cold call, and or other contact or relevant information.
- As the records between CMS and Salesmap are synchronized and cross correlated, both should be checked if the customer is also in CMS.
Definition of a Cold Call Prospect
- A stage 1 cold call prospect is when a message or other form of outbound communication exists to the customer record, i.e. a voice mail left or information left at the front desk of a potential customer location.
- A stage 2 cold call prospect is when the person making the cold call has obtained information from the prospect about the a) existing service they have, b) the salesperson obtains direct contact information, i.e. email, phone extension, cell phone, and the persons name that has some decision/influence capacity.
- A stage 3 cold call prospect is when the sales person has obtained enough information to provide a valid quote to the customer, and has delivered that quote and the customer has received it.
Documentation of a Valid Cold Call
The documentation of a cold call must be made in either CMS or in sales map, or the sales prospect form. No other form of documentation or proof will be considered enforceable.
An in person visit to the customer as well shall be considered to be the same as a phone call, as long as it is documented via email communication to email@example.com or in an outlook schedule or documented in the customer note shortly after the appointment was made.
Definition of Incoming Sales Lead Pool
- Incoming Sales Lead Pool are the leads that are generated from incoming calls to the company, whether from previous sales efforts that did not produce a sale, generation of marketing or leads otherwise obtained.
50% / 50% accounts
- A commission may be split by two sales persons, two agents, or an agent and a salesperson if it is agreed to by the two sales parties at the time of the submission of the quote to the customer and this is documented via the quote form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with both parties cc'ed on the email communication. This must be agreed to mutually by two sales people or a different percentage as per agreement.
Policy in multiple sales people or agent entities quoting a customer
- The first party that requests a fiber feasibility to submit a quote to a party is the entity that controls the submission of an order or a quote, and gets credit for the commission, if the following is true:
- The quote must be uploaded and/or provided to ACD at the time the quote is submitted to the following email address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to have credit. If the quote is not provided to ACD at the time of submission, credit is not provided. No other form or proof will be considered under any circumstance.
- Only one quote has gone to the customer. If two quotes have gone to the customer, the quote that was first submitted to the customer and the quote was documented to ACD, the sales party who first submitted shall be the controlling party for the sales and all sales commission. The party that is second, third or further to submit the quote will not be provided credit for any sale.
- The quote that is documented is not older than 12 months. If the last quote provided to the customer is older than 12 months there is no reservation.