Assigned Sales Person or agent and Reservation of Customer Accounts and Leads
PURPOSE OF THE POLICY
- To provide a precise pathway to determine who receives commission and sales support when multiple parties wish to quote a customer location ACD services.
- To ensure that ACD pays commission to the Qualified Sales Representative that is responsible for the sales effort, as defined under this policy.
- To eliminate channel conflict.
- To make sure that a sales party that did not put in principal effort into a sale does not get credit for a sales party that did not put in the principal effort. Only one party will be determined to have put in principal effort into a sale.
NOTE: Non Qualified Sales Representatives DO NOT receive the benefits under this agreement.
DEFINITION OF SALES REPRESENTATIVES
A "Sales Representative" is the following:
One of the categories of persons or companies:
- ACD Sales Persons
- This is an employee of ACD, and is typically paid some salary plus commission
- ACD Commission Only Salesperson
- This is an employee of ACD, and is not paid a salary
- ACD Sales Agents
- An Agent Has an Executed Agent Agreement
- NOTE ON MODIFIED AGENT AGREEMENT: Agents may negotiate a different agreement with ACD, for a varying levelS of commission. If the agent negotiated a higher commission rate than the standard rate, the agent will receive a higher price than what other agents or other ACD sales persons sell services for.
- An Agent Has an Executed Agent Agreement
- ACD Referral Partners
DEFINITION OF A QUALIFIED OR NON QUALIFIED SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The definition of a qualified and a non-qualified sales representative are below:
A "Qualified Sales Representative" is a Sales Representative that has met the quota requirements under ACD Sales Person employee standards, ACD Sales Agent Agreement standards, or ACD Referral Agreement standards.
A "Non Qualified Sales Representative" is a Sales Representative that has not met the quota requirements under ACD Sales Person, ACD Commission Only Sales Person employee standards, ACD Sales Agent Agreement standards, or ACD Referral Agreement standards.
WHO BENEFITS FROM THIS POLICY
Qualified Sales Representatives
WHO DOES NOT BENEFIT FROM THIS POLICY
Non-Qualified Sales Representatives
SAME PRICING PROVIDED TO ALL SALES REPRESENTATIVES
ACD provides the same price to all sales representatives.
Exception: However, if the Sales Representative is under a modified agreement, i.e. where the rate is higher than the ACD standard rate, or where the terms are less favorable, ACD will have a modified price under that agreement, and the quotes the sales agent receives will be higher.
SALE REPRESENTATIVE LOCATION REQUEST POLICY
The Sales Representative that has first initiated a sales inquiry via
There are two types of agents:
- Salesperson Agents that have been signed up by a sales person.
- If a salesperson does not have active documented contact in CMS with the agent for a period of 12 months they will automatically be assigned to the sales provisioning pool.
- If an agent has not had any sales within the last 12 months they will automatically be assigned to the sales provisioning pool.
- Sales Provisioning Pool Agents are agents that have not been signed up by a sales person and are managed and operated by the sales provisioning pool, or agents that have been moved to the sales provisioning pool.
RESERVATION POLICY FOR AUTOMATIC CUSTOMER RESERVATION BASED UPON SALES EFFORT
- A person that has made a stage 1 cold call to a potential customer puts an automatic reservation on the customer for 45 days.
- A person that has made a stage 2 cold call to a potential customer puts an automatic reservation on the customer for 90 days.
- A person that has made a stage 3 cold call to a potential customer puts an automatic reservation on the customer for 180 days.
RESERVATION POLICY FOR CUSTOMER INITIATED INBOUND COMMUNICATION
- If a potential customer initiates incoming contact to ACD, via phone, email or other incoming contact to ACD, the call will be guaranteed to be routed to the Qualifying ACD sales person that made the last made a valid cold call if within the reservation period.
- If outside reservation period, if the customer calls in and does not know whom they spoke to, or does not indicate the salesperson contact, or preference to speak to a particular salesperson then the call will be routed to either the sales lead pool or to a house account order taker.
- As an indication of the actual verifiable contact the sales person should at least obtain the persons name, phone number and/or email address of the person they have communicated with on the cold call, and or other contact or relevant information.
- As the records between CMS and Salesmap are synchronized and cross correlated, both should be checked if the customer is also in CMS.
Definition of a Cold Call Prospect
- A stage 1 cold call prospect is when a message or other form of outbound communication exists to the customer record, i.e. a voice mail left or information left at the front desk of a potential customer location.
- A stage 2 cold call prospect is when the person making the cold call has obtained information from the prospect about the a) existing service they have, b) the salesperson obtains direct contact information, i.e. email, phone extension, cell phone, and the persons name that has some decision/influence capacity.
- A stage 3 cold call prospect is when the sales person has obtained enough information to provide a valid quote to the customer, and has delivered that quote and the customer has received it.
Documentation of a Valid Cold Call
The documentation of a cold call must be made in either CMS or in sales map, or the sales prospect form. No other form of documentation or proof will be considered enforceable.
An in person visit to the customer as well shall be considered to be the same as a phone call, as long as it is documented via email communication to email@example.com or in an outlook schedule or documented in the customer note shortly after the appointment was made.
Definition of Incoming Sales Lead Pool
- Incoming Sales Lead Pool are the leads that are generated from incoming calls to the company, whether from previous sales efforts that did not produce a sale, generation of marketing or leads otherwise obtained.
50% / 50% accounts
- A commission may be split by a Sales Representatives, if it is agreed to by the two sales representatives at the time of the submission of the quote to the customer and this agreement to split the sales commission is documented to ACD. That agreement to split commission, should be documented via a firstname.lastname@example.org with both parties cc'ed on the email communication. This must be agreed to mutually by two sales people or a different percentage as per agreement.
Policy in multiple sales people or agent entities quoting a customer
- The first party that requests a fiber feasibility to submit a quote to a party is the entity that controls the submission of an order or a quote, and gets credit for the commission, if the following is true:
- The quote must be uploaded and/or provided to ACD at the time the quote is submitted to the following email address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to have credit. If the quote is not provided to ACD at the time of submission, credit is not provided. No other form or proof will be considered under any circumstance.
- Only one quote has gone to the customer. If two quotes have gone to the customer, the quote that was first submitted to the customer and the quote was documented to ACD, the sales party who first submitted shall be the controlling party for the sales and all sales commission. The party that is second, third or further to submit the quote will not be provided credit for any sale.
- The quote that is documented is not older than 12 months. If the last quote provided to the customer is older than 12 months there is no reservation.