From WIKI - ACD.net
Revision as of 20:02, 19 September 2011 by Schoen.kevin
This page will help you understand how bandwidth is broken down between bits, bytes, and the other different speeds.
Here is a good calculator: http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/
A chart of what various speeds are:
- 1 gigabyte = 8,589,934,592 bits
- 1 gigabit = 1,073,741,824 bits
- 1 megabits = 128 kilobytes
- 1 megabits = 1024 kilobytes
- T3 = 44,736,000 bits per second.
- T1 = 1,544,000 bits per second.
- 10mb Ethernet = 10,000,000 bits per second
- 100mb Ethernet = 100,000,000 bits per second.
- 1000mb Ethernet = 1,000,000,000 bits per second.
- A 100mb ethernet can move a gigabyte in: 85 seconds = 1.43 minutes
- A T1 can move a Gigabyte in: 5563 seconds = 92.71 minutes