Customer Premise Equipment Used by ACD, Limitations and Supported Configurations
To Support our networks, ACD uses a variety of pieces of equipment. ACD is far superior to other providers in that we monitor 100% of our network equipment, including equipment at your site. Thus we often know that equipment is having problems far before customers experience those problems. Each customer is different and needs different types of equipment to support their connectivity.
Managed Firewall Service
ACD provides firewall service to customers. Customers are charged a set monthly fee for firewalling, and a configuration change fee that is one time per configuration change or debugging process.
Limitation of Liability - ACD accepts no risk for misconfiguration or operation of a customers internal network. We are only providing service as support service to customers own internal security.
Equipment Used for Deployment
Residential Deployment Routers for fiber-optic service
- Ubiquiti ER-X
- Zhone (no longer in primary production deployment as of 07/17/19)
Business Deployment Routers or Switches
ACD sales may charge different costs for the utilization of this equipment.
- Ubiquiti ER-X - Generally small / Medium Business, office sizes of 50 computers with moderate firewalling and flitering needs.
- Ubiquiti EdgeRouter12- Generally Medium sized businesses, midsized entities that have 50+ computers, and/or need more powerfull firewalling and filtering needs.
- Cisco 6509E - Supervisor 2T Generally large businesses, institutions, and educational markets, or where locations where security is not in a good condition at the customer premise. Where Denial of Service attacks are more likely to occur due to transient users like students, the general public, or governmental or institutional customers or inattention to security. Can handle a broad spectrum of service scenarios. These systems are 5 Rack Units in height and require adequate power. For NAT service to service hundreds of users these systems are the primary system that ACD will support.
Outside Plant Deployment
- Ubiquiti Edgeswitch 8 - 150 Watt - ES-8-150W This is a tempurature hardend switch when on -48vdc power. This switch can be deployed to customers sites where there is not a good temperature control. They can operate off of AC or DC power
- AirCube - Used for residential and small or medium business WiFi