Dark Fiber Testing and Debugging Process
From WIKI - ACD.net
Revision as of 16:46, 6 November 2012 by Schoen.kevin
Template to hold dark fiber debugging processs.
When a customer reports an issue with dark fiber we need to know the following:
- Outage - no connectivity between sites.
- Is the outage affecting all fibers between a site or only specific fibers?
- Need to know which fibers?
- Transmission occuring, but CRC errors on equipment.
- Is this occuring on all fibers between a site or only specific fibers?
- Is this both on the TX and RX sides of the circuit?
- Transmission intermittent.
- Are errors occuring only intermittently.
- Is there an intermittent lack of connectivity? What time of day? Any pattern?
- Light Level is low on fibers
- What is the db attenuation of the fiber strand that is having a problem?
- Is this occuring on all fiber strands?