Multiple Dwelling Unit Deployments
From WIKI - ACD.net
ACD.net is the servicing party
- ACD provides wired service to the end user.
- ACD does not provide WiFi as the primary transport to reach the units, as the capacity, complexity, coverage, and lack of consistent speeds in an MDU setting are problematic.
- ACD provides pricing/service plans to the end-user.
- ACD gets renumerated by the end user.
- ACD provides customer support to the end user.
- ACD's credit policy is located here []
- If the MTU/MDU Owner or Association. contributes to the cost of deploying infrastructure to the apartment/or Multi-Dwelling Unit, ACD will provide a negotiated discount percentage to service the units.
Easement and ownership of infrastructure
- Typically a 10 to 20 year easement is provided to ACD to put in the necessary infrastructure.
- Ownership of the infrastructure is tied to who pays for the particular elements of the infrastructure.
MTU/MDU Owner, or Association is the servicing party
- ACD provides bandwidth to the MTU/MDU association.
- ACD is responsible for wiring/infrastructure prior to the demarcation point.
- Owner/Association is responsible for all wiring and equipment past the demarcation point.
- ACD is has a single point of contact.
- ACD provides a single bill to the apartment owner/association.
- Owner/Association is responsible for all end-user customer support.
- Owner/Association is responsible for all security, firewalling, etc.
- ACD provides contracted bandwidth and price to the Owner of the MDU/Association Owner.