Multiple Dwelling Unit Deployments
From WIKI - ACD.net
Revision as of 15:08, 2 April 2013 by Schoen.kevin
ACD.net is the servicing party
- ACD provides wired service to the end user.
- ACD does not provide WiFi as the primary transport to reach the units, as the capacity, complexity, coverage, and lack of consistent speeds in an MDU setting are problematic. The tenants or association can put in wifi units if they want to do so, ACD is not involved in the Wifi portion of the network.
- ACD gets renumerated by the end user.
- ACD provides customer support to the end user.
- ACD provides pricing/service plans to the end-user.
Cost of deploying infrastructure to the apartment/or Multi-Dwelling Unit.
MTU/MDU Owner, or Association is the servicing party
- ACD provides bandwidth to the MTU/MDU association.
- ACD is responsible for wiring/infrastructure prior to the demarcation point.
- Owner/Association is responsible for all wiring and equipment past the demarcation point.
- ACD is has a single point of contact.
- ACD provides a single bill to the apartment owner/association.
- Owner/Association is responsible for all end-user customer support.
- Owner/Association is responsible for all security, firewalling, etc.
- ACD provides contracted bandwidth and price to the Owner of the MDU/Association Owner.