Service Cancellation Policy and Request
ACD provides communication services, which are critical to home and business operations. Often times our service includes the provision of 911 service. Customers also use our communication services for secure services such as monitoring, network management and security services.
In order to ensure that service is not terminated inappropriately, ACD requires service to be cancelled in confirmed writing via the following requirements.
ACD does accept cancellation in the following manner
- Login to myaccount.acd.net The best way to do this is to put in a service cancellation service ticket within http://myaccount.acd.net. The date of the service cancellation is then logged, and the ip address is logged.
- Via Certified Letter
- Via a received fax from your location. Upon receipt of your fax, we will open a service ticket associated with your account. If you do not see a service ticket is opened on your account within 24 hours, we did not receive your fax.
ACD does not accept cancellation in the following manner
- Verbal communication in any way to ACD. For example, we do not accept service cancellation by a verbal telephone contact to a salesperson, customer support person, or via a call to our accounting department. We cannot for certain verify that the person on the phone is an actual person.
- Via Email. Email does not have a tracking mechanism so that you are certain that your email sent was received by ACD. Email addresses can also easily be spoofed. We do not, under any circumstances, accept cancellation verbally, whether confirmed or not.
Timing of Cancellation
- ACD will not retroactively back date cancellations and stop charging fees, if the customer does not appropriately cancel according to the requirement.
- ACD will not be responsible for charges, moves or changes without a 30 prior notice of cancellation.
- Porting your phone numbers to a new provider does not constitute cancellation of service.
Suspension of Service
- ACD does not allow temporary suspension of Broadband Internet or Phone service at the request of the customer. Some customers request this if they are going to be gone for a couple of months or on vacation. Unfortunately, ACD has to continue to pay for lines and maintain lines regardless of whether you are actively using them or not. Therefore, ACD has no provisions to allow temporary suspension of service. If you are going to be gone for a long time, you may wish to cancel service and restart service at a later date. However, there may be additional fees for restarting your service.
Cancellation or Suspension for Non-Payment
- When customers have failed to pay their bill, and ACD has made multiple requests to get payment, and the customer does not respond, ACD can and will temporarily disable service. If we do not get the payment resolved, ACD will cancel the Phone, DSL or T1 line and remove the circuit in operation. In the event ACD removes the circuit from operation, and the customer wants service back, the customer will have to pay any back fees and fees associated with a new installation. In this case, a new installation window will occur.